"As an ideal organization that works with sustainable business development, the environment is an important part of our operations and philosophy. We are proud to be a certified ECO-Lighthouse and that we meet the requirements to continue our certification for three more year’s", says Mats Olsen, who has led the certification work from the start. Here by Norges Vel’s new EV chargers.
The ECO-lighthouse is an official Norwegian environmental certification scheme for small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as public enterprises. The purpose of the ECO-Lighthouse Program is to raise the environmental standard in private companies and public enterprises.
Norges Vel continues to develop the organization towards ever better environmental standards and has implemented a number of measures since we first certified, these are some of them:
- New ventilation system with sensors for measuring temperature and Co2
- Installed 10 electric chargers to facilitate the use of electric cars
- Old fluorescent luminaire switched to LED lighting in all common areas (low-energy luminaires in all offices from earlier)
- All windows are replaced with subsequent reduction of heating requirements
- New plan for implementation and follow-up of employee surveys
- New waste solution to measure and keep an overview of waste volumes
- Increased use of video conferencing and meeting rooms upgraded with video conferencing equipment
- Digitization of travel bills, accounting and document exchange